Thursday, December 25, 2014

Crochet: Ribbed Crochet Beanie

I've become a bit obsessed with making hats. It's so fun and easy, and I feel so accomplished once I'm done!
Today's hat is for a friend who asked for an off white beanie. I went through a bunch of different patterns before I decided on this one. The yarn I had was really chunky and wouldn't work with any other pattern I tried, and the hat still turned out REALLY thick. It'll be wonderful for the cold months, but it's probably going to be a little too warm for these hot Arizona summers.

I used a pattern from AllAboutAmi here. I loved how the hat came out, but it was definitely a lesson in patience. It took WAY longer than I thought it would! But it came out awesome and I'm excited to try it in hdc or even dc to increase the rib size. I didn't change this pattern up at all though, so there isn't really any walkthrough for you guys this time. Sorry! If you click through to AllAboutAmi's blog post above, she has a wonderful walkthrough there.

The pom pom definitely completes it as well. I will definitely be making myself one!

xo Link

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik