Thursday, January 8, 2015

Crochet: Minecraft Creeper Beanie

I have 4 younger brothers, and like most boys right now, they love Minecraft. So I decided to make my two twin brothers Minecraft themed beanies. The first one is based on the ever popular Creeper.

The pattern is a simple Double Crochet beanie. I always have to end up using a pattern, because if I don't, they end up looking like plates. I have NO CLUE WHY, but it drives me nuts! The pattern I use is from Oombawka Design found here. FYI, Oombawka also posts a new free crochet pattern every day on their Facebook page. I love seeing their posts!

I made it in the medium size, and on row 7, I started creating the pattern for the face. I found the pattern on Craftsy here.

It was very well received. By that, I mean he screamed and showed everyone he came in contact with when I handed it to him. I really like how these beanies come out! They're simple and so easy to make fancier with fun designs.

xo Link

10 comments:

  1. Those are so cute omg! My brothers used to be obsessed with Minecraft, at least two years ago they were, ha ha. But I still find it all really adorable! xx

    MJ // www.littlepandacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, my brothers are all still really obsessed with it haha. I play it here and there on my Xbox, but I suck at it really bad!

      Thanks for the comment! :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Evelyn,

    Just dropping by to let you know your information was updated on TBC. Also, if I had any patience, I would probably knit everything on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks! I appreciate it. And thanks! Crocheting is actually pretty easy and these are made really fast. Go for it! ;D

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the group, have fun.Look forward to seeing your offerings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the group. I have to just taken up Crocheting. But your hats are lovely.

    Hugs Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin! I barely started sometime in October-ish. Hats are my fastest project, and I'm really impatient, so I make a lot of hats. They also make wonderful gifts! Good luck with your crocheting! Let me know if you have any questions! :D

      Delete
  5. Hi Evelyn I love your crotchet. It is lovely to have you in the group. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I noticed that the group is mostly paper crafting, which I'm very bad at, but hopefully I add some variety haha!

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik